Family Mediation Sutton In Ashfield

Are you currently engaged in a dispute with your former partner?

Do you find yourself concerned about the potential resolution of this matter?

If you are seeking assistance and support in finding a resolution outside of the court proceedings, we are here to help you.

MIAMS Mediation Sutton In Ashfield can help read on to learn more.

How Family Mediation Can Help You As A Family

After a divorce or separation emotions can be high within a family. 

Are you finding it difficult to have important conversations with your ex-partner?

MIAMS Family Mediation Sutton In Ashfield provides a secure and inclusive environment where you can discuss your disputes with a qualified and impartial mediator. This allows you to find a resolution that works for everyone involved.

The mediator remains neutral and does not take sides or make decisions for you. Instead, they will guide you towards a resolution by incorporating family law principles.

Mediation can help couples address various topics, including child custody arrangements, financial matters such as spousal support and pension splitting, as well as holiday schedules and regular child access.

Our team of accredited family mediators are dedicated to supporting your family in achieving a long-lasting resolutions, preserving relationships and enabling you to move forward happily and safely after a divorce or separation.

mediation, sutton in ashfield

Are you worried your ex won’t attend mediation?

If your ex-partner won’t attend mediation, there are a few options.

Mediation is a voluntary process in a safe and neutral environment, meaning that your ex cannot be compelled to attend unless it is court-ordered. The first step is to complete a MIAMS, your initial meeting, which is crucial if you seek to achieve peaceful resolutions.

Our communication letters are devoid of aggression or threats; instead, we focus on collaborative mediation to help resolve issues.

In most cases, even the least willing participant agree to mediate.

However, if you anticipate resistance, it is important to initiate the process and schedule your initial meeting today, ensuring that you can proceed with your case if necessary.

What happens if you reach an agreement and your ex doesn’t stick to it?

If your ex doesn’t follow the agreement reached in mediation, you can file a motion with the court to enforce the agreement. The court may order your ex-partner to comply with the agreement or it may impose consequences such as financial penalties or jail time for failure to do so.

This is why it is important to have an experienced mediator create the agreement and then review and explain any agreements before they are made final.

What happens if you can not reach an agreement?

If we cannot reach an agreement via mediation, the next step would be to go through the court system. This involves filing a legal petition to settle the issue in question

The court will review the documents and evidence presented by both parties and ultimately render a decision on the matter. Depending on the outcome of the case, it may be necessary to take further steps such as enforcement of the court’s ruling or filing an appeal.

Are you concerned you cannot afford mediation costs?

Here at MIAMS Mediation Sutton In Ashfield we understand that the costs following a divorce or separation can be vast. Therefore we offer a set and open fee structure so unlike solicitors there is no nasty surprises.

You may also be eligible for legal aid funded mediation this is based on your situation or income and you can be assessed for this over the phone. We also accept the government family mediation vouchers if you are looking to resolve child arrangement and family disputes so that costs involved will be very low.

Please contact our team today for a free no obligation chat over the phone. Our team of accredited family mediators have years of helping families resolve their disputes calmly offering online, in person and shuttle mediation as we understand every families needs are unique.

Start your resolution process today.